BM0022 Effective Writing Skills ICA4
Posted by: Tang Wen Xiang (103016C)
3nd Post: Dell’s Streak takes on iPad
With a “surprisingly strong US demand”, Apple’s iPad became an overnight success by selling one million iPads in 28 days in the US. Will Dell’s Streak outshine Apple’s iPad?
My answer will be “no”. Introducing Streak is not a good thing for Dell. Here are the reasons; firstly, even with a 9.7-inch display that Apple’s iPad boasts of, that might seem small to me who used to larger screen. Thus if Dell’s Streak offers a smaller 5-inch display, it’s going to be tough to do anything, let alone watch movies or television shows.
Secondly, with iPhone OS being the leader in the market, it became the standard by which all other touch-capable operating systems are judged, thus when I think about tablets, I will think about the Apple’s iPad rather than Dell’s Streak.
Lastly, Dell may be the world’s third largest PC vendor and a household name, but it is not held in the same regard as Apple. When I consider mobile products that go beyond simple computing, I rarely spent time thinking about Dell. Instead, I think about Apple and that the company has done a better job than anyone else of delivering devices that I want to use.
If Dell wants to get better, it must start beating Apple at its own game!
No comments:
Post a Comment