Tuesday, May 25, 2010

comment on the 2nd article

MELISSA KOH HUIXIN

Feeding pets with processed food is definitely unhealthy for them. I have researched that processed food are actually far more salty and sweeter than their normal food. That is why; there have been cases whereby pets are suffering from rashes, balding and even facing stomach diseases. If owners want to share their similar diet with their pets, they must check with the vet to know more about what they can consume. However, food like fruits and plain bread are perfectly fine as long as you do not overdo the feeding.

Personally, I have a Corgi (picture above). Thus, I can understand their reasoning. I understand that owners give them their very own share of food is because they thought it would make their pets feel happier instead of eating their normal and boring dry food. But many owners lack of the basic knowledge of their pets’ diet. I advice owners to look into detail before feeding them as there are some breeds who have sensitive stomachs and if they consume certain allergy food, they will vomit and suffer from skin rashes or even a twisted stomach which requires an operation. Thus, if you love your pet, take the extra effort to find out more about their eating ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment